Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 335: 1994 Upper Deck SP - #159

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Upper Deck SP
Card number:  159

The 1994 Upper Deck SP brand was one of the many brands that escaped my attention when I was a kid.  I think it's safe to say that my local CVS store (where I purchased most of my cards with my allowance) didn't carry anything as fancy as Upper Deck SP.  That's too bad (for me) since the set certainly appears to be quite nice based on this particular Larkin card!

To be fair, I don't actually like the front of the card all that much.  Foil board was never cool - and this particular card design is prone to fingerprints at a rate that I find unacceptable.  On the other hand (pun intended), the back of the card is really nice!  I love the casual batting practice shot a lot...and while I don't generally like not having full career statistics, I kind of like the "best season" line as a compromise when space doesn't allow for full stats.  The biggest change I'd make to the back is to get rid of the vertical text - I have no idea why card companies insist on using vertical text...NO ONE else does in any other walk of life (except maybe Dodge commercials).

Comments