Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

2017 Allen & Ginter: Box 4: Packs 1 - 8

I busted all five of my boxes on the day they arrived but I've been spacing out the posts for two reasons.  One, I didn't have time to scan the cards and write the posts for all five boxes on the first day, and two, I figured it would be Ginter overload to put everything in a single post.  That said, I did manage to get some of my cards listed on eBay in between the time you read these posts and the time I wrote them.  In fact, the Aaron Judge relic that I pulled in a previous box sold within 5 minutes of me listing it on eBay (clearly I could have upped my "Buy it Now" price).  That's fine by me though, I'm happy to rid myself of the Judge and, simultaneously, come a tiny bit closer to making my money back on the boxes I did buy.

All that said, there are still contents for two more boxes to show off, so here we go!

-----


Box 4:
Box loader:

Once again, I find a "boring" baseball player box loader, though I suppose most people wouldn't consider Jeter boring.  I don't get what is going on in the background of the photograph at all - where were these things taken?!

Packs 1 - 8:

The first eight packs were mostly devoid of highlights, but what I did get was quite good (albeit limited).  First though, the obligatory fish card.

I think I have already pulled that same card two times before but I don't care at the moment.  The fish cards are awesome (and I'll for sure have some trade bait - pun intended).

Next, a gorgeous Brooklyn back mini of Ben Smith numbered 5/25.

Ben Smith is a Crossfit athlete so I doubt there is a huge demand for his cards...but still, pulling a Brooklyn back mini is tough (seeded 1:170 packs) and I managed to land two of them in my four boxes (so far).

And finally, my second autograph that I've found in my boxes:

Jharel Cotton isn't a superstar or the autograph that most people are probably going to chase this year, but I'm still happy with it.  Getting autographs in Ginter is always exciting and it definitely made for a good start to box #4.

I'll have more from this box soon!  Stay tuned.

Comments

Post a Comment