Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 531: 2000 Skybox - #167

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Skybox
Card number:  167

The year 2000 had a lot of different card brands to keep track of - so many, in fact, that I don't think I ever even saw (or heard of) the 2000 Skybox set when it was released.  Looking back on it now, the set reminds me of a glossy version of 1996 Fleer.  I guess that would make this more like Fleer's 1996 Tiffany parallel, wouldn't it?

In terms of the card design, I don't hate the front design (though I don't care for the font choice much).  The backside seems to have the statistics all in italics for some unknown reason - it's not Fleer/Skybox's best look but certainly not its worst look either.  All things considered, the set is entirely forgettable.

Speaking of forgettable, there are two Barry Larkin parallels in this set (neither of which I own as of the time of this post).  The first is a Star Ruby parallel and the second is a Star Ruby Extreme parallel.  The Star Ruby Extreme parallels have an idiotic name and a serially-numbered print run of only 50.  

Comments