Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 558: 1996 Topps Bronze League Leaders - #1

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Topps Bronze League Leaders
Card number:  (no number)

Every now and then, I stumble across a Barry Larkin card that throws me for a loop when I try to identify it.  This is one such card.  After searching through the web, I failed miserably until I stumbled across a post on Check Out My Cards which called this card a League Leaders Bronze Blank Back.  Based on the name, it would seem like there might be other versions out there (silver? gold?) of the card.  Even worse, I still don't have any concrete information on the card or the insert set.  Why is the back blank?  It's printed on the kind of paper that you'd expect to hold a sticker...and for all I know, this card could be a sticker (I won't try and peel it since it's my only copy). 

Does anyone out there know anything more about this set?  How could you acquire it?  How common/rare is it?  Who else is on the checklist?  Are there other versions of the card out there?  Are there non-blank back versions?  So many questions!

---

Update:  I found this set listed on TCDB.  Apparently, it's a 1996 Topps Bronze League Leaders set which contains only six subjects with each of the six cards having a print run of only 2000.  The Larkin is card #1 on the checklist.  

Comments