Featured Post

More Topps Gallery. Hey Look, a Short Print!

I'm back with my third blaster of 2017 Topps Gallery.  As I write this post, I'm sitting next to blaster #4 which I haven't allowed myself to open until I have posted about the contents of the third blaster.  Luckily, the third blaster had some interesting stuff in the first half of the packs including the best hit, a rare (1:20 packs) short print of a legend...

That's a good looking card for sure - and if the short prints were even sort of obtainable I would consider trying for the entire 200 card base set.  Instead, I'm going to sit out the short prints and simply focus on acquiring the first 150 cards and call it a day.  Speaking of the first 150 cards, I pulled a Red (Jesse Winker) and Clayton Kershaw (because of course I did).  I also ended up needing every base card out of the first four packs which is great!

My inserts were decent enough, though I only found two.  The first is a Hall of Fame card of Reds' great Johnny Bench.

That one is going to be a keeper for me.  The other insert is not, however:

That's a Masterpiece (1:7 packs) of Ichiro.  Not terrible, but again, it's a freaking Marlin and no one collects the Marlins.

I'll have the second half of the blaster on a future day.

Comments

  1. No one collects the Marlins, but I'm sure there's a few people out there who collect Ichiro. I hold on to most of the Ichiro cards that come across my path at least!
    I bought a blaster and probably have a 20+ cards left... let me know when you're done ripping packs and I'll see if I can help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Topps Gallery! Can't decide if I like this product or Archives better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment