Featured Post

Theme Week: Concluding COMC Week with some 3-D Awesomeness!

For my final post of my COMC theme week, we return once again to the 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs set.  I definitely saved the best for last, because this post will highlight my purchases from the 3-D Lenticular insert set.

As a whole, the Lenticular insert set contains 42 cards.  Like almost all of the insert sets within the 2015 Dinosaurs set, the Lenticular cards are broken into various tiers with different insertion rates.  By far the most common, the herbivores are seeded 1:7.5 hobby packs.  The card you see at the top of the post, Ankylosaurus, represents one of my favorite dinosaurs (of any type) and I am super excited to have that one in my collection now. 

Besides the Anky, I also grabbed the other 10 Herbivores that I was still missing (there are a total of 24 Herbivores in the set). 

The Predators make up the next subset and they are substantially tougher to find (seeded 1:25 hobby packs)!  Luckily, there are only 9 Predators in the set...and I was able to grab the final four that I needed including the Spinosaurus (another favorite dinosaur of mine)!

The next subset of Dinos are the Marine cards, these are even tougher pulls (seeded 1:50 hobby packs).  However, for whatever reason I kind of lucked out when opening packs of UD Dinosaurs and I ended up pulling three of the six cards in the set.  That meant I was able to use COMC to nail down the final three and finish off that portion as well.  Since the Marine cards are so rare, I figured I'd show off all three...and let's be honest, those all look pretty cool!

The final three cards in the 3-D Lenticular set are from the Flying subset and they are seeded a ridiculous 1:150 hobby packs.  Unfortunately, I don't (yet) own any of those...and I wasn't able to procure any from COMC either.  Maybe another time!

All told, I landed 18 of the 42 3-D cards...and couple that with the ones I already own brings me up to having 39 of the 42 (with only the three flying crazy short printed cards remaining)! 

I hope you enjoyed my look at my COMC purchase.  I know I enjoyed knocking a whole lot of cards off of my want list.  In fact, as of this moment I've been able to knock three sets off my want list this year while only adding on one set.  That's the sort of ratio I need to maintain throughout the year in order to make some real progress on my card collection (especially the stuff from previous years)!

Comments