Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 591: 1987 Topps - #620 - Error Card

Barry Larkin / Jose Canseco
Year:  1987
Brand:  Topps
Card number:  620

There are two Barry Larkin error cards that I am aware of from 1987 Topps.  Thanks to a recent eBay purchase, I'm now the proud owner of both (I'll show the second error card off in a future post).  For today's error card, we have the correct front of the card (Larkin's iconic '87 rookie card image) but the backside is where the error is...it's (most of) Jose Canseco's statistics.  I can't pretend to know what happened to butcher a card this badly...or how in the world Topps ended up producing so many (these aren't all that expensive to track down).  It's a bizarre little card - and what's even more bizarre is the other Larkin error card is basically the flip of this one (Canseco on the front, Larkin on the back).  Truly weird - but I'm glad to have it for my collection now!

Comments