Featured Post

Delivery Time! Some Allen & Ginter Cards from Ryan including Minis!

I think I mentioned this a couple of days ago, but it's worth repeating:  I sure do love trading baseball cards...and over the past week or two, trades have been coming in fast and furious (which makes going to the mailbox much more exciting as opposed to only dreading bills). 

One of my latest swaps is with Ryan (he of the custom Allen & Ginter mini fame).  Ryan sent me a trio of cards that I needed for my 2017 Allen & Ginter set in exchange for some of my unwanted 2018 Heritage cards.

I didn't buy as much Allen & Ginter last year as I had in previous years (mostly due to money).  As such, I ended up needing a lot more cards than usual...including full sized inserts from the 100 card "What a Day" set.

Ryan was able to help me inch closer with the Lindor card celebrating Lindor's steal of first base in the 2016 World Series which won the nation free tacos (Taco Bell, however, is not mentioned by name on the card back).

The other two cards that Ryan had for me were both of the mini variety.  The first was a Horse in the Race retail only mini that I needed still.

I like the horse cards quite a bit - but since I usually stick with hobby boxes when I buy A&G I often struggle to complete any of the retail only sets.  As such, getting even one card closer is actually a big deal for my set!

The final card of the envelope comes from one of the best mini sets from 2017 A&G (at least in my opinion):  the World's Dudes set.

That's the Steel Worker Dude.  The back of his card talks about how the steel workers used lunch pails in the 1920s with packed lunches including hard-boiled eggs, vegetables, meat, coffee, and pie.

Good stuff all around!  Thanks for the trade, Ryan.  If anyone else has some unwanted 2017 Allen & Ginter lying around, I'm still looking for quite a few cards.  Here's the list (and my full want list):

2017 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:Base:  160
What a Day:  WAD- 2, 11, 16, 22, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 33, 34, 37, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 48, 50, 53, 54, 63, 73, 75, 77, 78, 83, 90, 94
Minis:Bust a Move:  BAM- 3, 5, 8, 9
Constellations:  C- 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
Horse in the Race:  HR- 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24
Required Reading:  RR- 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 11, 13, 15
World's Dudes:  WD- 2, 5, 12, 25, 37, 43


As usual, shoot me an email if you want to trade!

Comments