Featured Post

Three Blaster War: The Conclusion!

This is it, the final pack out of each of the three blasters.

Overall standings:
Target 2:  57 points
Target 1:  39 points
Walmart:  33 points

It's going to take some work to pass the Target 2 blaster...but perhaps one of the other two boxes has a little something special in store.  Let's find out together.

Walmart:

16.  Luis Severino
40.  Zack Greinke
64.  Cole Hamels
159.  Travis Jankowski
160.  Chad Bettis
242.  Daniel Murphy

My wife loves Murphy so +2 for that.  Unfortunately, that Yankee Severino will cancel out those gains (-2).  And that's about it for that pack for Walmart...unless the other two packs are full of negative scoring cards, Walmart is eliminated.

Pack total:  2 - 2 = 0 points
Blaster Final Score:  33 points

Target 1:

4.  Lucas Giolito
101.  Jed Lowrie
117.  Starlin Castro
151.  Xander Bogaerts
214.  Manny Margot
258.  Hector Neris

I'll give +1 for the Bogaerts since I like the photo but otherwise this was also a dull pack to end the blaster.

Pack total:  1 point
Blaster Final Score:  40 points

Target 2:

14.  Yoenis Cespedes
87.  Anthony Rizzo
210.  Domingo Santana
255.  Roberto Osuna
310.  Mariano Rivera
Bazooka back:  276.  Homer Bailey

Wow.  So, Target 2 brought the heat in the final pack despite already having a commanding lead.  The bad news is that I have to deduct 2 points for the Rizzo (Cubs) and four points for the Rivera (Yankee) but the Rivera is a short print that's worth 24 points before the Yankee deduction.  I also have to give +1 for the neon green orange sleeve that Cespedes is rocking...but all of that pales in comparison to the Bazooka back card (1:57 packs) of a Cincinnati Red!  That's 28 points for the Bazooka plus another 10 for being a Reds hit.

Pack total:  -2 - 4 + 24 + 1 + 28 + 10 = 57 points
Blaster Final Score:  114 points

Well, that ended up being no contest.

Overall standings:
Target 2:  57 points
Target 1:  40 points
Walmart:  114 points

That sure was a lot of typing and scanning...but I think it was a fun exercise and it really let me enjoy the cards by truly looking each one over as I went through.  The best news was that I didn't get a single base duplicate card (even though I did get a couple of the special parallels as duplicates).  I also ended up with a short print in each blaster which was awesome and totally unexpected - as was the pair of logo swap cards.  All things considered, this isn't the last of 2018 Gypsy Queen that you'll see on my blog - easily one of my favorite editions of Gypsy Queen to date!

Comments