Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 606: 1998 Topps Stadium Club - #NC15 - Never Compromise insert

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Topps Stadium Club
Insert set: Never Compromise
Card number:  NC15

Way back in 2014, I showed off Barry's base card from the 1998 Topps Stadium Club set.  Today, I'm able to close the book on the set by showing off the only other* Larkin card in it - this Never Compromise insert.

*There are a bunch of parallels in the set for me to track down some day.  For Larkin's base card, there are the following:

  • First Day Issue (serial-numbered to 200 copies; exclusive to retail packs)
  • One of a Kind (serial-numbered to 150 copies; exclusive to Hobby and HTA packs)
  • Printing Plates (set of four for each card; exclusive to HTA packs)

Luckily, the Never Compromise insert has no parallels (at least none that I am aware of).

As for today's card, I think its nice enough I guess.  The design is somewhat unique even if the set name is kind of stupid.  I particularly like the write-up about Larkin on the backside of the card...just one of the many reasons why he was (and still is) my favorite player!

Comments